Anonymous asked: I'm going to Northwestern next year. What was your favorite class?
Yay Northwestern! I have a lot of favorite classes. What’s your major?
As far as general (distro) courses go, I loved:
- Human Origins (Anthro 213…counted as a science!)
- Jews & Germans (German 241 I think?)
- Social Inequality (Soc 201 I think)
- Persuasive Images (Comm St 275)
- Human Sexuality (yes…that class, but mine was before then. Psych 3-something)
As for all-time favorite classes, they were higher level courses within my major:
- Marketing of Pop Culture (Comm St 377 I think)
- Psychology of Diversity (Psych 314)
- Psychology of Attitudes (Psych 3-something)
- Experiential Anatomy (Dance 202)
- Pretty much all the musical theater dance and jazz classes I took
That was probably a lot more than you wanted to know. But yeah, take classes in a variety of departments to fulfill your distros. I fell in love with sociology and psychology early on and never expected to, so I’m glad I tried those courses. I wish I would have taken more anthro, and a particular class called Religion in the Human Experience (but it always fills quickly).
Good luck! Feel free to send me any other NU questions you have :)